The International Center for Agriculture Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) invites applications for a twelve-month research fellowship for the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities of the CGIAR Research Program on Grain Legumes and Dryland Cereals (CRP-GLDC).
The research fellowship is remote.
The selected national or international research fellow is contracted with the aim to promote a better understanding of CGIAR and, provide assistance to CRP-GLDC by young researchers specializing in fields relevant to its activities, and offer an exceptional first employment experience to young graduates.
He/she reports to the CRP-GLDC MEL Assistant. As part of MEL team of CRP-GLDC, he/she will liaise with the concerned activity scientists of Flagship Programs and cross-cutting themes based in 17 countries from 10 participating institutions of CRP-GLDC.
- Support the Plan of Work Budget and Annual Report processes at program level;
- Support staff in planning Capacity Development (CapDev) events such as individual and group training and related deliverables;
- Provide support in identifying CapDev -related outcome stories, research and development innovations and policies for reporting;
- Perform weekly review of program activities and projects to identify gaps and unplanned CapDev data;
- Provide monthly summaries across different management level on the start of planned and completed activities;
- Conduct user-perspective testing of new and/or modified features of the web-based MEL platform;
- Train scientists in the use of a web-based information system (i.e. the web-based MEL platform)
Research Fellows must possess relevant academic background and show interest in the specific area in which they may operate within CRP-GLDC, as the expectation is that the Research Fellow will contribute to the research program concerned. They will normally be young researchers who have completed their masters and have up to 3 years of professional experience.
- Master’s degree in relevant field, e.g. Agricultural Sciences, Public Policy, Communications, Knowledge Management, Business Administration etc., with demonstrated interest in the field;
- Up to 3 years of related work experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Strong computer skills including use of web-based applications to prepare video tutorials, online guides and very good skills in using MS Office;
- Strong organisational skills and attention to details;
- Knowledge of or experience working on international development issues, especially in areas related to ICARDA’s mandate.
How to apply
Please apply online at https://apply.workable.com/icarda/j/640312F10E/ by 30 November 2020. Applications will still be considered until the position is filled.
ICARDA is committed to increasing women representation in its workforce and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted